NATIONAL BUS STRIKE -
Refund of Period Products
If you have been unable to use your Gautrain period product as a result of the current bus strike, you can apply for a refund of the un-used value by following the process below:
Please complete a Refund Application form at your nearest station, clearly indicating that it is for un-used period product train trips due to the bus strike which started on 19 April 2013. Kindly note that you should only apply for a refund once the applicable period product has expired.
- Please have your Gautrain Gold Card and either your ID, driver’s license or passport with you when you complete the refund application form.
- Your refund application form and your Gold Card usage will be assessed to determine the exact refund amount. This may take a few days so please bear with us. You will be refunded an amount equivalent to the value of the period product trips that you have been unable to use during this time.
- The refund amount is calculated by multiplying the fare cost per trip (as applicable to your specific period product) by the number of week days that you were unable to use the train system due to the bus strike, up to a maximum of the number of unused trips on the specific period product.
- This amount will be refunded by loading the equivalent Pay-As-You-Go value onto your existing Gautrain Cold Card. Kindly note that no cash will be refunded.
- The above analysis will be done offline and a Customer Service Information Officer will contact you telephonically to have your refund loaded at one of 3 identified stations (Rosebank, Sandton and Centurion) on a mutually convenient date.